|Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka|
I've been very fortunate to have met Mohamed, the owner of a very popular restaurant in Arugam Bay, the Green Room Restaurant, and to work with him to create a small space for yoga in his guesthouse, The Green Room Cabanas. The brand new yoga hall at the Green Room Cabanas has capacity for approximate 8 people.
Yoga and Surfing
Yoga and surfing are two activities that can complement and enhance each other. Basically everything that you do in a yoga class will help to prepare your body and your mind for surfing. Among the many benefits that the practice of yoga can bring to your surfing I could mention:
- Prevention of injuries by keeping the body flexible
- It can help to recover from injuries by increasing the blood flow to the affected parts of the body
- Improved balance and coordination
- Ability to remain calm and focused under stressful situations
Traditional Hatha Yoga Classes
Every season in Arugam Bay, which starts on May and ends on September each year, there will be a new yoga teacher at the Green Room Cabanas offering a different style of yoga. This season I'll be offering Traditional Hatha Yoga Classes which includes:
- Mantra Chanting. We will start and end each class with an opening and closing mantra/prayer in sanskrit to create the right attitude and atmosphere for the class.
- Breathing exercises. We will learn how to use the diaphragm to breath properly and to help us remain calm under any stressful situation
- Yoga Asanas. These are the popular yoga postures which lengthen, bend and twist the body in different positions creating space for deeper breathing, developing flexibility and giving a healing massage to all internal organs.
- Deep relaxation. The most important part of any yoga class is the final relaxation in shavasana or corpse pose where we give a rejuvenating and revitalizing conscious rest to the whole body.
Yoga Class Schedule
Monday to Friday from
07:00 am to 08:30 am
10:00 am to 11:30 am
Contact me at +94 78 905 5116.
Yoga Class Investment
500 Rupees first class!
800 Rupees drop in
3,000 Rupees for a five days pass (800 rupees per class)
What to bring?
Comfortable clothes and your enthusiasm and open-mindedness to practice hatha yoga. Additionally you might like to bring a bottle of water. Yoga mats will be available at the hall.
How to get there?
Green Room Cabanas is on the Water Music Road, near the north end of Arugam Bay. When walking north on the Panama Road (beach on your right) you'll need to turn right on the Water Music Road, two streets before the Beach Hut Road. You'll find the Green Room Cabanas on your left.
If you need more information about the Yoga classes in Arugam Bay you can reach me at +94 78 905 5116 or by email by feeling up the contact me form.