It's time to plan for yourself a well deserved break. You can escape the coming cold European winter to join me the last week of November 2016 for an affordable 8 days/7 nights Yoga, Meditation & Ayurveda Retreat in Kerala, India.
Update: This is a past retreat and it was fantastic. If you would like to know more about it you can read My Experience Running My First Yoga and Meditation Retreat. If you would like to book another retreat at Hinterland Village you can simply visit Bodhhi Ayurveda Yoga Retreat.
Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda are some of India's greatest gift to humanity, and they combine perfectly with each other to create a holistic system for self growth, purification and healing, and we are putting them all together here to create a fantastic retreat for you. Starting November 23rd till November 30, 2016.
You will detox your body with ayurveda. You will strengthen, stretch and relax your body and mind with yoga, and you will attain some peace of mind with meditation.
But it's not only going to be a fantastic week; you will also learn everything you need to learn to continue with your yoga and meditation practice at home. Isn't that a worthy investment?
After the retreat is over you could decide to travel around Kerala, perhaps in the company of some of your new yoga buddies that you'll meet during the retreat. So make sure you keep some holidays for November.
We haven't met before? No problema, I have shared my whole path in this blog so with a bit of reading you can easily get to know me. I suggest you start with the "About me" page. You can also read what others are saying from my previous retreat (you can read the full reviews in MarcoPinoYoga):
"As a complete beginner, I was a bit nervous about what I was letting myself in for. Marco was very patient and devised interesting routines perfect both for me and the more advanced participants on the course. He was very calm and approachable, and his voice has a tone which I found perfectly suited to creating a good atmosphere in which to practice." James, UK.
"We had three yoga classes a day with Marco and the classes were well balanced between action and relaxation. It was great that Marco always took time to explain what we were exactly doing and why. He was taking extra care also for people who had health issues or pains in certain parts of their bodies and always offered variations (also due to the fact that we had more experienced people in the class and also very beginners) so nobody felt like the class was too easy or too hard." Emma, Germany.
Are you convinced? Not yet? then please keep reading to find out more.
Ayurveda is a holistic healing system from India developed several thousands years ago. It uses mainly diet, herbal treatments and massages to bring the body, mind and spirit to a state of balance, naturally preventing the development of diseases or removing any present illness.
- You will start the day with different cleansing treatments
- You will have an appointment with the ayurvedic doctor to identify what treatments are more suitable for you according to your body constitution
- Every evening you'll receive different types of body massages, face massages and/or steam bath.
The aim hatha yoga is to strengthen and purify the body and mind, so that they become fit for the practice of meditation. This is achieved by balancing the opposite and complementary solar and lunar energies, by removing energy blocks and by keeping the mind present. You can learn more about yoga in my article: What is Yoga? Practical Philosophy and Science of Self-Realization
- No flexibility or previous yoga experience is required. The classes will be tailored to the level of the whole group and individuals.
- Every morning at 7:00 we will have a 1 hour 30 minutes yoga session facing the beautiful sunrise, and with a fantastic view of the keralean rice fields
- Every evening at 16:00 we will have another 1 hour 15 minutes session plus a 15 minutes meditation practice.
- As a side effect of practicing yoga you will develop strength, stamina and flexibility and by the end of each practice you will feel completely relaxed
- By the end of the retreat you will be ready to continue with your own personal yoga practice at home
Meditation is learning to bring the mind to state of silence and stillness in the now, so that we can become in touch with our true nature. This can bring a sense of peace, tranquility and joy.
The main purpose of this retreat is that you learn everything you need to learn to start and continue with a regular meditation practice at home.
- Every morning before lunch we will have a one hour practical and theoretical meditation class.
- You will learn about different meditation techniques from different traditions but we will focus on one technique to ensure that you can develop a consistent practice.
- You will learn practical techniques of relaxation, breath awareness, mindfulness and visualisation that you can implement immediately in your daily life to become more present, relaxed and focused.
Retreat Daily Schedule
06:00 to 06:30 Ayurvedic Treatments
07:00 to 08:30 Morning yoga session
08:30 to 09:30 Breakfast
11:00 to 12:00 Meditation Class
12:00 to 13:00 Lunch
16:00 to 17:30 Evening yoga session
17:30 to 19:30 Ayurvedic Treatments
19:30 to 20:00 Dinner
The retreat will be held at Hinterland Village, a beautiful and small Yoga Retreat in Kerala, about one hour drive from Kochi. To know more about this location you can read: The Small Yoga and Ayurveda Retreat in Kerala You'll Love.
What's included in the package?
- 7 nights accommodation
- Three delicious Kerala home made style meals a day using local products. Veg and non veg options available.
- Two yoga classes and one meditation class per day
- Consultation with ayurvedic doctor
- Daily ayurvedic massages and treatments
- Access to swimming pool
Retreat prices for 8 days/7 nights (from November 23rd till November 30, 2016)
- Private single room: 560 Euros | INR 41,650
- Double or twin (price per person): 475 Euros | INR 35,330
Note: This retreat will accommodate maximum 10 guests so make sure you book as soon as possible. Does not include travel insurance, flight ticket or any travel costs. Airport pickup to be arranged separately since sharing with other guests might be possible.
The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable.
What to pack to visit India?
To have an idea of what you might need to pack to visit India you can read: What to Pack for Your Next Travel and Yoga Adventure to India
How do I sign up?
Send us an enquire by email. Once we receive a 25% non-refundable deposit your booking will be confirmed. The 75% difference to be paid by October 31st.
So I hope we will get the chance to meet and practice yoga together during this Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda Retreat in Kerala, India. I'm really looking forward to share with you all the beauty of this incredible path. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at any time.